Total Pageviews

Friday 17 October 2014

Painting Thoughts

I've been thinking of pulling out some old painting tools from my basement, and maybe trying to paint a little something tonight.  Usually I just choose a picture off my phone and go off that, but not having access to my phone is going to  make me widen my horizons.  Instead I am going to try painting something from memory, I am going to try and take in the colours of the sky and ground on my walk home today and I want to paint based on that.

I want to do a mountain picture with a sunset in the back round, and I want the colours to look nice together, so I will analyse the world around me in order to determine what colours really go together and what I like.

I have an idea in my head of the painting I want to do, but I'm not really sure where it came from, maybe its something I see everyday and don't recognise, or maybe it's something I saw a while ago and it's just kind of coming back to me now.

Either way, this will be a different kind of painting than just copying an image, it will really let my mind wander and hopefully I will be able to experiment with colours.

I'm assuming that the colours may be a bit more extravagant then those in real life because you see things in your head the way you want to see them, not the way they really are, but maybe it will turn out better in the end for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment